2023 REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU!
2023 Registration Events:
Saturday, April 15th (2:00-4:00PM) @ Prineville Pool
Thursday, May 11th (5:00-7:00PM) @ Wild Ride Brewery (Pint Night & PST Registration)
Kristen Griffin, Joel Thomas
Katie Catterson, Chelsea Wright
Important Information for the 2023 Swim Season….
- UPDATE: 2023 PST REGISTRATION IS CLOSED AS OF 5/30/23. THANK YOU!
- 2023 PST Registration opens March 1st!
- Oregon Swim/USA Swimming has implemented a NEW process for registering swimmers for the 2022-23 season. Please be sure to read the instructions here. You MUST REGISTER WITH BOTH OREGON SWIM/USA SWIMMING AND PRINEVILLE SWIM TEAM THIS YEAR!
- Oregon Swim/USA Swimming is NOT accepting seasonal registration until April 1st.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to us via email email@example.com or attend one of our in-person registration events.
- Swim Team Practice is scheduled to start on Monday, May 22nd!
- All swimmers (Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced) will practice in the afternoons during school, until school is out for the summer then morning practices will begin (Practice times to be announced)
- There will be a parent meeting on Monday, June 5th (highly recommended to attend). We will discuss details about the home meet and will be looking for volunteers to help run the meet.
- Ages 5 through 18 are eligible to join PST. After a two week trial period, swimmers must be able to swim the width of the pool or the coaches will notify the parent/guardian if the swimmer needs further swimming lessons prior to joining PST. Additional questions should be directed to the PST Board Members.
- Practices are held Monday through Friday (times vary by skill level). You will be notified of specific practice times within the first two weeks of the season. Swim practice usually starts mid-late May.
- Swim Fees: $300 for the season per swimmer. Families with more than one swimmer will receive a $25 discount for each additional child. Very young swimmers may be allowed to swim for $200 at the coach’s discretion (Discounts not available for young swimmers). Fees will cover the following: PST Registration, Oregon Swim dues, Monthly dues, Splash fees for all scheduled meets (below) & Team Swimsuits. Fees can be paid as one lump sum or in three equal payments. Registration fees must be paid in full by June 1st in order for the swimmer to participate in our home meet. Payment arrangements must be set up with the PST board prior to the season beginning.
- Scholarships may be available through the board. (Limit one per family).
- REGISTRATION FORM must be complete for each swimmer.
2023 Tenative Swim Meet Schedule
- Ted Walker Invitational (The Dalles – Northern Wasco County Aquatic Center-Optional): June 16th – 18th
- PST – Prineville Invitational: June 23rd – 25th
- Klamath Basin Open (Optional): July 7th – 9th
- Burns – High Desert Invitational: July 14th – 16th
- Lakeview Lions Invitational: July 21st – 23rd
- East Cascade District Finals – (Burns): July 28th – 30th
Things to Take to a Swim Meet
- Team suit, goggles, cap (if needed) team sweatshirt.
- List of races entered
- Towels and sandals
- Sleeping bag, blankets, sweats or cover up for cold times
- Sunscreen and hat for hot times
- Lunch or spending money
- Snacks (granola, fruit, juices, cheese), lunch cooler
- Concession stands are usually available
- Overnight needs depending on accommodations
- Please label everything you bring to the swim meets, home or away! We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Swim Meet Information
- All teams in the Cascade East District attend and help at all the meets. Parents from all teams will be asked to assist with timing. Most of the meets we attend are invitational meets where the host team invites those teams they want to participate. Meets run from Friday night through Sunday afternoon. We encourage all swimmers to attend all meets, but swimmers are only required to swim in one meet within the Cascade East District to qualify to swim at the finals.
- Swimmers can swim up to 6 individual events per meet plus relays.
- Age groups: In most cases, the age groups at swim meets are: 8 & under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 and 15-18 for both boys and girls. Relays events are 8 & under, 10 & under, 12 & under, 14 & under and 18 & under.
- Events: Swim meet events are in freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly, individual medleys and relays. The coach places swimmers in the events depending on ability and past performance times.
- Relay Times: The coach will decide upon members for freestyle and medley relays. It is not always feasible for a swimmer to swim within his/her age group when putting together relay teams. Please remember that the coach will do what is best for the team and not necessarily what you think is best for the individual. Please respect and support the coach’s decision.
- Officials: Officials include director, announcer, referee, starter, timer, stroke & turn judges, place judges and safety officer. PST will pay the registration fees that USS requires as a team expense. These volunteers provide a great service to our team and are a necessary part of the swim program.
- Disqualifications: Stroke and turn judges are at the sides of the pool during competition in each event. If a swimmer does a stroke/kick incorrectly and/or performs any other violation determined by OSI regulations, the swimmer will be disqualified from that event.
- Home Meets: As host team, we are responsible for planning and executing the entire meet. Volunteers will be needed for preparation, clean-up, concessions, food donations, and meet officials (timers, ribbons, clean-up, etc.) All parents are required to help during our home meet. Many workers make the job go much faster and we can all get done sooner. Thank you for your support!!
- Away Meets: Away meets run between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon. Many of the team families use tents or campers to camp out in the parks next to the pools. Others stay in motels or with friends and relatives. Please feel free to ask fellow parents for ideas on where to stay in each town.